This recipe for Grilled Canadian Rangeland Bison Ribeye from Chef Bobby is a must this summer! Using key ingredients of Whistler foraged fire morel mushrooms, BC spring asparagus, roasted Pemberton potatoes, blackberry demi-Glace and Whistler harvest micro-greens this recipe is inspired by fresh B.C. produce and Canadian bison.
@chef_b_fresh is as Canadian as they come! Bobby always wears plaid, he believes everything is better with bacon and has eaten so much maple syrup he’s sure it’s running through his veins. Originally from Nova Scotia, Chef Bobby has cooked his way across Canada finally settling in Whistler, BC as the Head Chef of
@stonesedgekitchen by @gibbonswhistler Stonesedge Kitchen is a casual dining restaurant and offers a great selection of sustainable seasonal local Canadian-influenced dishes. Stonesedge has an amazing patio with a beautiful view of the surrounding Whistler mountains. Discreetly tucked away off the village stroll it is the perfect place to catch up over charcuterie and cocktails, enjoy a delectable brunch with friends, or dinner with a date Come enjoy @stonesedgekitchen and visit Chef Bobby this summer!
|Canadian Rangeland Bison Ribeye||1 pack|
|Morel Mushrooms (or mushrooms of your choice)||1 cup|
|Baby Potatoes, Halved||1 cup|
|Fresh Rosemary||1 sprig|
|Fresh Thyme||1 sprig|
|Veal Demi-Glace||½ cup|
|Olive Oil||1 Tbsp.|
|Vancouver Island Sea Salt & Pepper||To Taste|
- Light your BBQ, set one half on high and other half on low. Rub bison ribeye with 1 tsp. oil and 1 tsp. salt/1 tsp. pepper. Let your ribeye steak sit at room temperature for 15 minutes before grilling to ensure even cooking
- Wrap potatoes in aluminum foil envelope with smashed garlic, fresh herbs and 1 tsp salt/1 tsp pepper. Place on low side of the BBQ for 20 minutes, flipping half way through.
- To get those perfect grill marks on your bison ribeye, make sure the BBQ is hot. Place the steak on a 45 degree angle directly on a hot spot for 3 minutes, turn the steak another 45 degrees. This will create the criss cross grill marks. Flip the steak after 3 minutes and repeat for the other side. While the meat is cooking do not touch or move the meat. Remove from BBQ when internal temperature hits 130F (medium rare) or to the doneness of your choice. Rest the steak for 8 minutes
- Pre heat small sauté pan on hot side of BBQ, sauté morel mushrooms on high heat in 1 tsp oil and 1 tsp salt
- In a small sauce pan bring veal stock to simmer on hot side of BBQ, add blackberries and smash them up a little bit
- Grill asparagus on the BBQ until cooked through (tender to touch with fork)
- Place veg on plate, cover with steak and smother in blackberry demi-glace
- Crack a cold beer and enjoy the best meat in Canada!
FIND STONESEDGE KITCHEN AND GIBBONS WHISTLER ON SOCIALS HERE:
Facebook – Stonesedge: https://www.facebook.com/stonesedgekitchen
Instagram – Stonesedge: https://www.instagram.com/stonesedgekitchen/
Instagram – Gibbons Whistler: https://www.instagram.com/gibbonswhistler/
- Instagram – Gibbons Whistler: https://www.facebook.com/gibbonswhistler