This classic dish is elevated by bison; tender and flavourful.
The Perfect Bison Roast
|Choice of Rangeland Roast (Eye of Round, Sirloin Tip, etc…)||1 piece around 4lbs (we used Eye of Round)|
|Extra-Virgin Olive Oil||2 tbsp.|
|Garlic, minced||3 cloves|
|Rosemary, chopped||1 tbsp.|
|Leaves from 1 thyme sprig, Chopped||1 tbsp.|
- Recommended: let the roast sit uncovered at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 475°. In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Rub over the roast until covered, lightly.
- Place roast in roasting pan fitted with a roasting rack. Roast for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 275°.
- Add a cup of water to the bottom of the roasting pan. This will keep the roast moist and will allow for some extra flavour juices to make gravy.
- Cook roast, covered for 1 hour 10 minutes or until an internal temp of 140°F to 145°f (60°C – 63°C) for rare to medium-rare. Never cook past internal temp of 155°f.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving.