Today is National Cheese Lover’s Day!
We love cheese. We love bison. We love this Cheesy Bison Pasta Bake!
What is your favourite cheesy bison recipe?
|Olive Oil||2-3 Tbs|
|Rangeland Ground Bison (lean or extra lean)||1lbs|
|Rigatoni Noodles||2 1/2 Cups|
|Red Bell Pepper||1 medium|
|Your favourite Green Olive (whole & pitted)||1/3 cup|
|Marinara Sauce or tomato pasta sauce||500g jar|
|Shredded Mozzarella||1 1/2 cups|
|Chopped Parsley||2 Tbs|
|Salt & Pepper||To Taste|
|Parmesan Cheese||1/2 Cup|
- Preheat oven to 375F and spray a 9×13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and add the oil. Add the ground bison and cook until browned.
- Add the garlic, onion, oregano, salt, and pepper to the browned bison and cook until translucent.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add Rigatoni and cook for 12 minutes or until soft.
- Add the cooked pasta to the bison mixture, add the pasta sauce, olives, and stir to combine and coat evenly.
- Add 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella and combine.
- Top with remaining mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes
- Top with fresh, chopped parsley and serve